Nashville is a community built for families, with over 1000 people moving here each month. Alphamom has a great post with 50 things for kids to do in Nashville before they grow up. We narrowed it down to our top 10 favorites and recommend finding time in your schedule for these fun ideas:
- Science really is fun at the Adventure Science Center. The senses are quite literally overloaded with the exhibits, activities and experiments that will fully engage you kids.
- Relive the good old days of country music at the Grand Ole Opry, or brush up on your historical knowledge at the Country Music Hall of Fame.
- Visit the Nashville Zoo, especially for their special events like Zoofari Slumber, an overnight camping experience for you and your kids. They will never forget sleeping just feet away from the animals.
- Sing along with a peanut gallery of puppets during the Nashville Main Library’s Story Time. Experienced story tellers rivet their audiences with tales to delight the kids.
- Visit the Bicentennial Mall and run through the fountains or play tag on the United States map carved in the concrete. If you get hungry, visit the Farmer’s Market for some fresh eats.
- Take the plunge at Nashville Shores. Thrilling water slides, and a restful beach area offer something for the thrill seeker, as well as the more laid back kid.
- Feed the ducks at Centennial Park. In the summer, bring a picnic supper to the park and watch an outdoor family movie.
- Opryland’s vast conservatories are the perfect place to wander aimlessly on a rainy day. Beautifully decorated for the holidays, November and December are perfect months to visit.
- Partake of possibly the very best biscuits on the planet at the world famous Loveless Café. You might even run into a celebrity or two while you are there.
- Catch a fly ball at a Nashville Sounds baseball game. We recommend Fireworks Friday for some extra entertainment value.
Nashville really is a great place to raise a family. Create lasting memories for your kids with a monthly outing to one of these, or the other 40 great options listed by Alphamom.